Web Marketing and Communications
The NKU website is our primary marketing tool for prospective students and is a key vehicle to communicate with all of our other stakeholders. It is crucial we continue to ensure that our web communication is up-to-date, user-friendly and modern in look and feel.
In Web Communications, our job is to make sure those who use the site can find what they need quickly and easily and that those who are maintaining their own part of the site have plenty of support.
Web Comm is different from IT. We are a team of web writers, editors and designers with marketing backgrounds who occasionally dabble in the technical side of things. If you have a super-technical question, we'll probably direct you to the talented people in IT's web group. But here's a list of items we can help you with:
- Getting information on the home page (particularly in the "Featured" area)
- Helping you write, design or edit content for your site
- Setting up social media sites for your department (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Answering basic questions about the university's content management system, Adobe CQ, and helping you through as you develop your site
- Setting up Google Analytics for your site, so you can track how and when your audience is using it
- Making sure your site follows accessibility guidelines
We're always looking for fresh technology and fun features to incorporate throughout the site (like the HD virtual tour!), and we get just as excited if you find something new you'd like to try, too. So if you have a great idea to talk to us about, just let us know.
Put a face to the friendly people who help you out of your web jams!
Jim Nilson, Director of Web Communications
Becky Weatherford, Assistant Director of Web Communications
Ryan Clark, New Media Web Editor/Specialist
Tom Ramstetter, Web Editor
Alex Lytle, Web Editor